• Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
ICantFindMyFace
Senior Boarder
Let your life proceed by its own design.

i really wish

#50429 3 years, 1 month ago
donna would just shut up and let bobby sing.
SunshineSue
Platinum Boarder
Life is sweeter for this!

Re: i really wish

#50431 3 years, 1 month ago
With all due respect to this very kind woman, and despite some lovely harmonies at times, I must admit that there's been more than one moment when I wished that I had a "Donna filter".
23atwell
Platinum Boarder
I love what I love and I want it that way

#50439 3 years, 1 month ago
Donna should have never been up on that stage. She killed some good scarlet fires that I have and I just want to turn it when I hear her go ahhhhhhhhahhhhhhh ahhhhhhhhahhhhhhh ahhhhaaahhhhhhhhhaaaa
And I'm going to sit right here until I die
maredwar
Junior Boarder

#50441 3 years, 1 month ago
I have found myself adding her "yeah-eh" during Playin' whether it is a Donna version or not. There is no known cure...
MushroomMan
Platinum Boarder

#50444 3 years, 1 month ago
though I do agree she was out of place on a lot of songs, there are some real beutiful versions of Looks Like Rain out there that she added a lot to, and some other songs, but a lot of times I wish she wasn't there....
The following user(s) said Thank You: DeadHead420
jaredlang
Platinum Boarder

#50449 3 years, 1 month ago
I agree Mushman....There were some beautiful versions of LL Rain with Donna. I also like her parts in Music Never Stopped. Other than that, I could have done without her.
However, she was the only member of the Dead that I wouldn't have kicked out of bed for farting.
Standing on the moon with nothing left to do
A lovely view of heaven but I'd rather be with you
maredwar
Junior Boarder

#50496 3 years, 1 month ago
She sounded great in Jerry's band too. I always wondered if it was a monitor or volume issue for her, or if she was influenced by Yoko.
wlewis
Platinum Boarder

#50508 3 years, 1 month ago
maredwar wrote:
She sounded great in Jerry's band too. I always wondered if it was a monitor or volume issue for her, or if she was influenced by Yoko.

donna never had monitors...imagine singing on stage with zero monitors for your voice but something like t he wall of the sound and before/after all their insane gear and the grateful dead is playing...good luck hearing yourself
who else is gonna bring you, a broken arrow?
Chester
More or less in line

#50510 3 years, 1 month ago
MushroomMan wrote:
though I do agree she was out of place on a lot of songs, there are some real beutiful versions of Looks Like Rain out there that she added a lot to, and some other songs, but a lot of times I wish she wasn't there....

She did a beautiful job on "Sunrise", and a few other's that needed a female accompaniment. But that playin jam is famous.
Just when they go into that really spacy jam, and suddenly, somebody steps on a cat, and amplifies it, and arrrgghhh!
(((((((Donna))))))) : )
I can't come down, it's plain to see.
I can't come down, I've been set free.
Who you are, and what you do,
don't make no difference to me.
The following user(s) said Thank You: MushroomMan, SunshineSue
maredwar
Junior Boarder

#50539 3 years, 1 month ago
wlewis wrote:
maredwar wrote:

donna never had monitors...imagine singing on stage with zero monitors for your voice but something like t he wall of the sound and before/after all their insane gear and the grateful dead is playing...good luck hearing yourself

I know there weren't any monitors with the wall of sound, but to be sure she had a monitor from '76 - '79.
I love the story where she says she was tripping so hard she just laid under the piano listening and forgot to sing.
Time to create page: 0.24 seconds