• Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
PennsylvaniaPete
Junior Boarder

Last Years November Tour was annouced August 12th

#51190 3 years, 2 months ago
furthur.net/the-news/129-furthur-november-2010-tour

Thursday, 12 August 2010 01:44

Many Midwest Dead Heads have been calling for some Midwest Furthur shows, and this tour unequivocally answers their requests with a tour-opening trio of shows in Minneapolis, Ames, IA, and St. Louis, followed by two nights in Chicago. The tour-opening show is at the very same venue that the Grateful Dead played on 10/19/71, the night they debuted the new version of the band featuring Keith Godchaux on piano in his first appearance with the Grateful Dead. The tour then moves on to a couple of places Furthur hasn’t yet hit, Reading, PA and Baltimore, MD. The 1st Mariner Arena in Baltimore was previously known as the Baltimore Civic Center, site of six Grateful Dead shows. Most famous amongst those would be 9/17/72, featuring a nearly 40 minute Other One (also one of the best of a year filled with great Other Ones!), and 4/19/82, at which Phil recited Edgar Allen Poe’s “The Raven” during “Space.” The tour ends in very familiar Dead Head terrain: one show at the Worcester Centrum (now DCU Center) followed by two nights at Madison Square Garden, a fitting close to the tour after the band has played so many New York (and area) gigs in the past year.

Mon, Nov 8th

- Minneapolis, MN @ Northrop Auditorium

Tue, Nov 9th

- Ames, IA @ Stephens Auditorium

Thu, Nov 11th

- Saint Louis, MO @ Chaifetz Arena

Fri, Nov 12th

- Chicago, IL @ UIC Pavilion

Sat, Nov 13th

- Chicago, IL @ UIC Pavilion

Sun, Nov 14th

- Cincinnati, OH @ U.S. Bank Arena

Tue, Nov 16th

- Reading, PA @ Sovereign Center

Wed, Nov 17th

- Baltimore, MD @ 1st Mariner Arena

Fri, Nov 19th

- Worcester, MA @ DCU Center

Sat, Nov 20th

- New York, NY @ Madison Square Garden

Sun, Nov 21st

- New York, NY @ Madison Square Garden
The Deadheads gather at the rim of the volcano to dance and sing joyful songs in honor of their fallen hero.
wlewis
Platinum Boarder

Re: Last Years November Tour was annouced August 12th

#51191 3 years, 2 months ago
yeah you are right pete...i checked my furthur frontgate account order history and i placed my order for that tour on 8/16...i thought it was a few weeks later
who else is gonna bring you, a broken arrow?
brokenarrow
Gold Boarder

#51197 3 years, 2 months ago
Its seems everything is about 3 weeks behind from where it was last year
GOOD LOVE
wlewis
Platinum Boarder

#51287 3 years, 2 months ago
brokenarrow wrote:
Its seems everything is about 3 weeks behind from where it was last year

very true i've had the same thought, everything except the playing
who else is gonna bring you, a broken arrow?
The following user(s) said Thank You: FurthurFlower67
FurthurFlower67
Platinum Boarder
Good Love!

#51447 3 years, 2 months ago
Yes, Midwest Deadheads would love to have some midwest dates!!!

I remember last year I went to Chicago to go see the Rhythm Devils. The show was 8-22 and Furthur just announced their tour. I remember everyone standing in line could not stop talking about the Furthur shows coming to town. I was super stoked because I had just ordered my tickets to STL and CHI.

I really think Furthur is going to announce some more dates. They have given Chicago a lot of love. Two nights each time they came thru last year...And I think Furthur is just filled with lots of good lovin they can't wait to spread in the midwest!

Fingers crossed!
Dreams are lies...it's the dreaming that's real!!!!
Time to create page: 0.19 seconds