• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
SkiNose
Junior Boarder

Consider Ourselves Lucky!

#51325 3 years, 2 months ago
There's so much to be grateful for!

Musically, I am very lucky to have Cuthbert on the horizon. (Bring raingear!) They will be my only Furthur shows of 2011. (not counting NYE 10-11)

We Northwesterners we lucky to have Phish @ The Gorge... which was epic.

I don't have to see EVERY show anymore. There were days... yes there were. I toured, heavily, from 85-90. Nowadays you can't cross the country for 20 buck. Everything is way more $$$.

Counting my blessings. Thank you for the music!
"You ain't gonna learn what you don't wanna know."
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chester, FurthurFlower67
SunshineSue
Platinum Boarder
Life is sweeter for this!

Re: Consider Ourselves Lucky!

#51330 3 years, 2 months ago
Excellent perspective, thanks very much! Whether I actually get to dance at a show, or if it's just in my living room, the joyful music is still with me! : )
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chester
strangerinboulder
Platinum Boarder

#51333 3 years, 2 months ago
SunshineSue wrote:
Excellent perspective, thanks very much! Whether I actually get to dance at a show, or if it's just in my living room, the joyful music is still with me! : )

I danced my way "to" my floor this morning. Trying to clean out the cobwebs from the Bobby show last night. Can not give a concise review right now. Overall, about an A-. How bout them Lions?
SunshineSue
Platinum Boarder
Life is sweeter for this!

#51336 3 years, 2 months ago
strangerinboulder wrote:
SunshineSue wrote:

I danced my way "to" my floor this morning. Trying to clean out the cobwebs from the Bobby show last night. Can not give a concise review right now. Overall, about an A-. How bout them Lions?

Ah, something else I'm very lucky to have in my life. Really, honest! ; )
wlewis
Platinum Boarder

#51366 3 years, 2 months ago
SkiNose wrote:
Nowadays you can't cross the country for 20 buck. Everything is way more $$$.

people also made way less money back then...

word of the night: inflation
who else is gonna bring you, a broken arrow?
kfender
Gold Boarder

#51385 3 years, 2 months ago
wlewis wrote:
SkiNose wrote:

People's income hasn't increased at a rate anywhere close to the cost of living.
The following user(s) said Thank You: PMoondancer
wlewis
Platinum Boarder

#51387 3 years, 2 months ago
kfender wrote:
wlewis wrote:
SkiNose wrote:

People's income hasn't increased at a rate anywhere close to the cost of living.

i don't think that holds true for every profession or trade but i would agree with you to an extent on that for sure

edit: location is also variable for that
who else is gonna bring you, a broken arrow?
Last Edit: 3 years, 2 months ago by wlewis.
FurthurFlower67
Platinum Boarder
Good Love!

#51444 3 years, 2 months ago
I sure am counting my blessings! Ever so grateful to be heading west to see Furthur!! The stars are aligned and everything just keeps getting better and better

Just waiting for a NYE announcement so I can start planning another trip out west!
Dreams are lies...it's the dreaming that's real!!!!
scar1et_f1re
Platinum Boarder
R U Kind?

#51451 3 years, 2 months ago
Upon reflection, I realize I saw 6 Northeast shows this summer spread out over 10 / 12 days. All outdoor shows, plus I only stayed in hotels for 4 nights, so I was camping about 7 days. Here's the money shot. NOT ONE DAY OR RAIN THE ENTIRE TOUR, not one drop of rain at any show (I was on tour from Friday before Bethel through and including PNC in NJ). And the weather was so hot (not complaining - I love it -- I would have expected some rain)

Only bad thing....my top 3 gd songs lately have been Black Throated Wind, Comes a time and Looks like Rain. Was an unexpected "miracle" to hear BTW and Comes a time back to back this tour, but NO LOOKS LIKE RAIN. No complaints here man. But I suspect if they played in the rain I may have caught the looks like rain.

So I consider myself blessed. The mother nature god's were looking down on me. Now the one thing I need is a left handed monkey wrench a kind mail order.

~Without love in a dream it will never come true
FFF! Family is Forever!!!

May God bless and keep you always
May your wishes all come true
May you always do for others
And let others do for you
Time to create page: 0.35 seconds