• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
Island Head
Platinum Boarder

Oh the dreadful wind and rain

#51332 3 years, 2 months ago
The outer bands of tropical storm Irene are just now starting to hit St. Croix. The pressure is dropping and it looks like Irene will turn into a huricane and possibly hit Florida so keep an eye out you Florida Heads. It's gonna be a rough night here, Irene will be in my dreams.
SunshineSue
Platinum Boarder
Life is sweeter for this!

Re: Oh the dreadful wind and rain

#51335 3 years, 2 months ago
Now that doesn't sound like fun in the tropics at all. Be careful and be sure to keep us posted. Sending very non-windy vibes your way!!

Last Edit: 3 years, 2 months ago by SunshineSue.
wlewis
Platinum Boarder

#51367 3 years, 2 months ago
getting some odd weather up here in WNY as well...lots of sporadic rain and wind today...10-15 miles south of here had 60mph wind gusts, destructive hail, and deadly lightning
who else is gonna bring you, a broken arrow?
neverstop66
Platinum Boarder

#51371 3 years, 2 months ago
Ah crap. I better watch the weather channel. Im not in the mood for any hurricanes this year. From now through September is the worst time.
wlewis
Platinum Boarder

#51388 3 years, 2 months ago
i'm sending you vibes for no hurricanes this year keith
who else is gonna bring you, a broken arrow?
LBDowling
Expert Boarder
We must become ourselves before someone else does

#51393 3 years, 2 months ago
On vacation in Vero Beach-(on the central east coast of Florida) this week...fingers crossed.
Someday, everything's gonna be diff'rent... when I paint my masterpiece
scar1et_f1re
Platinum Boarder
R U Kind?

#51452 3 years, 2 months ago
I drove through that in Bear Mountain NY / NJ Friday PM, the rain got crazy real quick, even some hailstorms. They threatened 80 mph winds which I thankfully did not see. It took a brutal 20 minutes to drive through that bugger. Once you get out of the other end the sun was shining...birds are winging, no rain is falling from a heavy sky.
How did you guys fare, hope the storm wasn't bad (I'm just getting back into civilization, still haven't heard any news since Friday, only news is from the GD channel).

~Ran into a rainstorm, I ducked back into Novato.
It's all night pourin', pourin', pourin',
Lord but not a drop on me.
FFF! Family is Forever!!!

May God bless and keep you always
May your wishes all come true
May you always do for others
And let others do for you
Last Edit: 3 years, 2 months ago by scar1et_f1re.
edheadwharfrat
Expert Boarder

#51505 3 years, 2 months ago
I've been living in South Florida since 1999 and only once in that time has a hurricane directly hit us, that being Wilma in 2005. We are in the potential "cone" of many storms each season, but they usually either break up before hitting the US or they turn and hit the Gulf Coast or further North up the East Coast, like the Carolinas. The island nations in the Caribbean really get slammed the most often, so let's all hope and pray that no one there or here gets hurt. That being said, people here in South Florida are always hoping for a "near miss" that boosts the economy without getting anyone hurt. At least with hurricanes we can see them coming and make preparations, unlike tornados and earthquakes that happen without warning. If the thunder don't get ya then the lightning will.
Without love day to day insanity's king
Time to create page: 0.30 seconds